Zune Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 29, 2014, 01:48:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Microsoft Zune has encountered a problem and needs to close"  (Read 2988 times)
Toneman

« on: December 23, 2007, 10:07:52 AM »

I recently started receiving the error "Microsoft Zune has encountered a problem and needs to close", each time I  launch the Zune software. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Zune software and that did not help. Any suggestions?

Tony
jmundi
Uber Nerd

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 01:11:48 PM »

See if this KB from Microsoft on a clean Zune removal/install helps.   Good Luck.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929358

Th3_N1NjA

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 01:25:02 PM »

I had this problem just reinstall the Zune software and you should be good.
Toneman

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2007, 04:13:58 PM »

See if this KB from Microsoft on a clean Zune removal/install helps.   Good Luck.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929358

I followed the procedure and I still receive the the error "Microsoft Zune has encountered a problem and needs to close". If I decide to format my drive and reinstall Windows XP, how can I save my collection info so I do not have to manually add it all back?
NSDQ05
Tech Spec

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2007, 12:41:45 AM »

What you have to do is reinstall/update the .NET packages and everything should work, it worked for me!

Toneman

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2007, 09:02:18 PM »

What you have to do is reinstall/update the .NET packages and everything should work, it worked for me!

I have done everything that everyone has suggested and I still get the error message "Microsoft Zune has encountered a problem and needs to close". I really appreciate everyones help on this. I have done allot of hardware upgrades and it wouldn't hurt for me to format my hard drive. I have all my music and data on a different drive. How can I save my collection info, so I can reload it after I install Windows XP and the Zune software?
Toneman

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2007, 09:13:02 AM »

I found the file ZuneStore.sdf that stores the collection information, thanks all!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: