Zune Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 01, 2014, 06:10:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Poll
Question: If Microsoft Zune is not approved which should I change it to...?
Mike Zune - 28 (43.1%)
Micro Zune - 6 (9.2%)
Mike Zoon - 4 (6.2%)
Zune Smith - 4 (6.2%)
Max Power - 13 (20%)
Zune Eighty - 3 (4.6%)
Zune Eight - 1 (1.5%)
Zune Thirty - 0 (0%)
Other (post suggestion, must be Zune related) - 6 (9.2%)
Total Voters: 63

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Name Change is Back On!  (Read 41570 times)
mzunefan
Commander

« on: April 09, 2008, 09:44:34 AM »

A while back I passed across the idea that I wanted to change my name legally to Microsoft Zune....but then someone here locally broke it to me that a name change cost around $500.  So I put it on the back burner...

But this morning I thought I might call the Court House Clerk and find out myself.  She stated that it would only cost around $150 in total to change my name legally!

$150 is all?

So needless to say this idea is back on schedule and hopefully by the end of the month I will have the paperwork filed.  It takes a full 30 days after the paperwork is filed to find out the Judge's decision.  Then I have to send his decision (if its a yes) to my birth state of Idaho to get my Birth Certificate changed over.  And then off to the DMV to get my license changed over.

So since there will be a lot going on I hope to be able to record the following in a video journal...

1.) My call to Microsoft to check into the legality of this
2.) My visit to the court house and talking to the clerk
3.) Hopefully an interview with the Judge himself
4.) DMV footage (hurray)

Peace out Zuners and hope this goes well so I have lots of videos and photos to post for you all!

SilentStryk07
Commander

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 09:46:42 AM »

sounds good, good luck with all that, but get ready for flaming

here, take my flame shield

Mods, Hacks & Tricks Moderator

Anime
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 09:54:37 AM »

thats awesome mszunefan, I sent you a PM.

Silent, while he is on here, he will have the best protection from flammage.
Socal
Captain

Science Rules

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 10:09:26 AM »

So since there will be a lot going on I hope to be able to record the following in a video journal...

1.) My call to Microsoft to check into the legality of this
2.) My visit to the court house and talking to the clerk
3.) Hopefully an interview with the Judge himself
4.) DMV footage (hurray)

5.) Involuntary commitment
6.) Life at the asylum

Roll Eyes
Randallflagg
Commander

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 10:15:36 AM »

I am curious as to the judges response to this. I personally think these antics are sad and really make me wonder why the zune has impacted him so much that his life seems to revolve around this product.
Zuning Out Forever
Master Chief

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 10:30:56 AM »

*sigh*

I'm sure MS is THRILLED at the idea.

I wonder if they'd consider re-branding the device after you go ahead with this. For their sake, I hope so.

mzunefan
Commander

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 10:34:19 AM »

*sigh*

I wonder if they'd consider re-branding the device after you go ahead with this. For their sake, I hope so.

Then I would do the new logo and name change all over again, so it wouldn't be wise for them

Anime
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 10:57:03 AM »

*sigh*

for one, MS isn't going to spend millions of dollars to rebrand a device over something you think is so pity

** I sent a PM to your Socal. In case you ignore it. Spam/flame once more and your gone for the day.**
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 11:11:00 AM by Global Mod Anime » Logged
mzunefan
Commander

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2008, 11:49:20 AM »

The best part about this is that my birth city, Moscow, Idaho isn't terribly far away from the birth place of the Zune, Redmond, WA.  I have already talked to my boss about what I would need to do to change over all my paperwork and usernames at work to Microsoft Zune.  He said as soon as its legalized from the courts we can go ahead and do it.

mikesova
Tech Spec

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2008, 12:05:22 PM »

I guess I could understand changing your name to Zune, maybe it sounds like a cool name, but why the "microsoft" part? I don't understand why you would want to have a multi-billion dollar company as a first name.  Meh, different strokes for different folks.  Maybe I'll change my name to Wal-Mart Sova.  Nah, I think i'll keep the namesake my family gave me. 
Radiation
Commander

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2008, 12:16:02 PM »

You are off the freakin' hook dude. I know you hear this all the time, but that is ridiculous, crazy, self-deprecating, and at the same time kinda ballzy. Sort of the "boy named Sue" meets corporate idolatry. I don't know what to make of it honestly. Huh? What drives you? I know you got the Zune tat, is it sort of the same thing? People get tats to make themselves unique, is that why you're doing this? I can understand wanting to be unique, but it's almost as if you're advertising for Microsoft sort of like when people put a Nike Swoosh on their car window. I don't see how "branding yourself" (quite literally) makes you unique. So maybe that's not it... Is it possible that this is a "viral marketing" scheme?  I don't know, I guess I'm just baffled.

I'll probably see you guys tomorrow.  Cheesy
Kaiser
Admiral

Trust in the Bazooka Fox!

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2008, 12:28:07 PM »

As we share a common goal to better ourselves as human beings, the one thing many of us struggled to attain is recognition. We brand ourselves with generic permutations of common names, Donna Smith, James Parker, Adam Stevenson, but none of these things are unique. In fact, your Social Security Number means far more than your actual name. Many of us, including myself, have broken free from the confines of the banal monikers we human beings give ourselves, and pay tribute to the titans that drive our economies.

We will be lambasted, taunted and booed until their larynx ache and their eyes are bloodshot, but we will go forward, and rub it in the faces of the automatons bound to their protocols and traditions. We will not succumb to your teasing and your criticism, and we will not kowtow to your projection of your values upon us.

We will be remembered in history as those who shed their shrouds of anonymity, who broke free from the prison of the routine, and become the very thing that most people fail miserably to be; to be truly free.

Sincerely,

Wal*Mart.

I wanna ask about your meat lovers' pizza. I like meat, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to love again.
Master777
Gadget Geek

^Ecua-Rican^

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2008, 12:41:03 PM »

Wow. That's kind of crazy.  I would never think that there would be anyone who would change their name to "Microsoft Zune".  "Zune" sounds cool, so I'm ok with you there. lol.  Sounds a little crazy, but hey, it's your name.  Good luck on getting the name change.

I am also thinking of getting my name changed, but only because I hate having my father's last name (honestly, I hate the guy, haven't seen him in years).  So, I think I'll have my own. Smiley

Anyone heard of the guy back in the 80s who tried to change his name to Luke Skywalker?

Branhower
Commander

Yeah, I develop spaceships.

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2008, 12:53:46 PM »

A while back I passed across the idea that I wanted to change my name legally to Microsoft Zune....but then someone here locally broke it to me that a name change cost around $500.  So I put it on the back burner...

But this morning I thought I might call the Court House Clerk and find out myself.  She stated that it would only cost around $150 in total to change my name legally!

$150 is all?

Isn't it amazing how informed people are? Wink

But anyway, more power to you! It's too bad you can't take a picture of a Zune and put it on your driver's license.

ethics001
Commander

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2008, 03:29:57 PM »

As we share a common goal to better ourselves as human beings, the one thing
We will be remembered in history as those who shed their shrouds of anonymity, who broke free from the prison of the routine, and become the very thing that most people fail miserably to be; to be truly free.

Sincerely,

Wal*Mart.

Seriously what could be more anonymous than Wal*Mart?

Hey Random Guy!
mzunefan
Commander

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2008, 03:30:45 PM »

$150 is all?

Isn't it amazing how informed people are? Wink

But anyway, more power to you! It's too bad you can't take a picture of a Zune and put it on your driver's license.

That would be sweet.  Maybe I can take my pic with my Zune in frame for the shot.  Or make a Zune logo iron on shirt to wear for my pic

mdaddio
Gadget Geek

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2008, 03:43:39 PM »

what does he mean by spam???
xune
Site Administrator
Admiral

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2008, 03:45:51 PM »

well, if you have to choose from the above, I voted Zune Smith.

uʍop ǝpısdn sʇı puɐ sıɥʇ buıpɐǝɹ ǝɹɐ noʎ
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: