Zune Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 22, 2014, 06:50:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Something else I have been hiding....  (Read 38052 times)
mzunefan
Commander

« on: July 24, 2008, 07:27:06 PM »

I have been lying on behalf of Microsoft by saying that I have gone on the trip to Redmond that they offered me over a year ago, truth is, they canceled said trip only days before I was suppose to come out.  Cesar himself was the one to break the news to me and for the sake of them not looking like they stabbed a huge fan in the back I just said I went and it was great.  Just figured I don't have to hide this any longer if I could care less if the Zune succeeds at this point or not.

BCON
Global Moderator
Commander

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 07:30:22 PM »

WOW

dirty MS

DONT FEED THE FRNCHDP
Cross-Fade
Master Chief

VP Marketing Shenaningans

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 07:36:22 PM »

why did they cancel it?

mzunefan
Commander

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 07:39:40 PM »

why did they cancel it?

I don't know for sure, Cesar at first was talking about hanging out, because Microsoft's Channel 10 was the one's flying me out.  But then Laura stopped talking to me altogether and for about a week I tried getting ahold of her or Cesar and then finally Cesar said that the trip was canceled, he sent me a red 30gb zune, two cases (one being a nice agent 18 clear case), a record sleeve full of cool art, and some coasters.  But still I was pretty bummed out because just being on the Microsoft Campus would have been totally freakin' sweet.

sianlee
Gadget Geek

Zune. Zune. Zune. ZUNE 4 AUSTRALIA!

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 08:03:16 PM »

Wow..... I'm sorry to hear that.  I can't believe Microsoft did that.  Just goes to show, they make so much money and don't want to part with any of it just to send someone on a small trip.

Microsoft... how could you?  Did Cesar ever tell you why it was cancelled?

SUPPORT RELEASING THE ZUNE WORLDWIDE!  SIGN THE PETITION! CLICK HERE! (Full version of the image here)

mzunefan
Commander

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 08:30:42 PM »

Now that you're coming out with the truth don't you think it's time to confess you did this all for e-world popularity?

Popularity?  Wouldn't I have to have more than 4 people say positive comments for me to be considered popular.  How about you admit you like to leech onto those who are talked about on the internet

Anime
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 08:37:52 PM »

I have been lying on behalf of Microsoft by saying that I have gone on the trip to Redmond that they offered me over a year ago, truth is, they canceled said trip only days before I was suppose to come out.  Cesar himself was the one to break the news to me and for the sake of them not looking like they stabbed a huge fan in the back I just said I went and it was great.  Just figured I don't have to hide this any longer if I could care less if the Zune succeeds at this point or not.

hey man, sinc eyou are bummed about MS now, I will gladly take the red zune off your hands to help you cope with the anger. Also I am one of your supporters
mzunefan
Commander

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 08:43:38 PM »

@rascleattop

How am I liar.  I have three tattoos, spoke nothing but kind words about the Zune and full on attacked people who had any negative views about the device.  For Microsoft to get my hopes up about seeing where it all began and then to revoke said dream only days before I was to come out is just cold.  But I swallowed that and kept pushing for the Zune.  I was happy when the Zune 2 came out but almost a year later and no real big announcements to speak of other than XNA which has 12 games for the Zune none of which are exactly user friendly to install.  So simply put you should go develop you own passion instead of trying to discredit me, but hey all of us can't have a life and you are just a perfect example of that.

sianlee
Gadget Geek

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2008, 08:51:54 PM »

hey man, sinc eyou are bummed about MS now, I will gladly take the red zune off your hands to help you cope with the anger. Also I am one of your supporters

Hey no fair Sad I can't get a Zune cause i'm not in America. *weeps*

SUPPORT RELEASING THE ZUNE WORLDWIDE!  SIGN THE PETITION! CLICK HERE! (Full version of the image here)

Cross-Fade
Master Chief

VP Marketing Shenaningans

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2008, 08:56:06 PM »

or canada

sianlee
Gadget Geek

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2008, 08:59:58 PM »

or canada

You can get it in canada Tongue

Anime
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2008, 09:06:00 PM »

he meant you can get it in canada as well as the usa
sianlee
Gadget Geek

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2008, 09:09:06 PM »

Oh yeah.. lol right. My bad.

WillysJeepMan
Global Moderator
Captain

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2008, 09:19:01 PM »

How am I liar.  I have three tattoos, spoke nothing but kind words about the Zune and full on attacked people who had any negative views about the device.  For Microsoft to get my hopes up about seeing where it all began and then to revoke said dream only days before I was to come out is just cold.  But I swallowed that and kept pushing for the Zune.  I was happy when the Zune 2 came out but almost a year later and no real big announcements to speak of other than XNA which has 12 games for the Zune none of which are exactly user friendly to install.  So simply put you should go develop you own passion instead of trying to discredit me, but hey all of us can't have a life and you are just a perfect example of that.
You are a liar because you claimed to have gone on a trip to Redmond that never happened.  You didn't go.  You said that you did.  That is a lie.  The person who tells a lie is a liar.

I didn't judge your eccentricity.  I applauded your passion and acting on it.

Now you come out and admit that you lied so that Microsoft wouldn't look bad.  You sold out your integrity (if you ever had it) so that the object of your obsession would look better to the public.

You came to Microsoft's defense (quite forcefully) against statements that I and others made about Microsoft's true intentions... knowing all the while that you yourself were perpetuating a lie.

Unfortunately there was no intellectual honesty behind your zealotry... you were just a pathetic shill.

(edit: added original post for context)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 09:31:32 PM by WillysJeepMan » Logged

DocHolliday
Commander

I call shenanigans!

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2008, 09:24:47 PM »

**knocks head on desk and goes to a different thread**

sianlee
Gadget Geek

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2008, 09:33:58 PM »

I don't know why so many people are arguing against this guy?  I mean it seems as if....  one day he has tattoos and everyone recognises him as one of the biggest Zune fans.  But then when he makes the decision to remove them and reveal that Microsoft didn't actually send him on a trip... everyone hates him?

I mean perhaps he lied about going on the trip, but does it really matter?  What should matter is that Microsoft didn't send him on it when they arranged for him to go orignally, I think that's a bit harsh on Microsofts part.

I read on another site, which is true, that the first Zune was released November 16, 2006, the second Zune was released Novemeber 15, 2007, wouldn't it be reasonable to assume that the next installment of the Zune is going to be released on the 14th of November 2008?  They usually don't release any information about a new device until a few weeks prior to the release anyway.  So I guess we will have to wait till October/Novemeber for information.

Anime
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2008, 09:37:06 PM »

some of it is based on jealous
sianlee
Gadget Geek

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2008, 09:44:05 PM »

Well I admire the guy, because it does take huge guts to put a tattoo of something like a logo of a product, that may/may not suceed in the future, or may be hated by many people.  I remember when I first googled up images of the Zune and I saw pictures of this guy on there, my first thought was "Oh my god! I wanna do that!". 

Remember guys, there is always two sides to every story.  While you have one story against him, he still has his story to tell.  I though am jealous of him because he did that... well envious Cheesy I admit that.  But i'm also envious of everyone else here, as you should all know why by now.

But still I see his side to the story, and I can understand.  Even though Microsoft did release the firmware 2.5 which did tremendous amounts of the Zune, it is reasonable to assume that people can be relativly upset that Microsoft hasn't released any information on the upcoming new Zune.  Especially with E3 been and gone.    ....This is no different from last year, but what makes it harder this year is the iPhone and the iPod touch I guess.  With Apple steaming ahead, what is MS doing?  You know what I mean? 

But we know the answer to that... we just have to wait.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: