Zune Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 29, 2014, 01:38:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So My Zune Has Been Error Code 5 For a fwe months now, Need Info On Self Repair  (Read 9822 times)
SkateZilla
Gadget Geek

« on: November 13, 2008, 04:56:03 AM »

Im Assuming that the Error screen witht he Number 5 on it is the Harddisk,

SO Im Planning on buying this HDD:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000YJ2SB6/ref=dp_olp_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1226573453&sr=8-1

now What I want to know is when i take my Zune apart, and replace the HDD, MS wont red-flag my crap and block me from updating it will they?

Ricardo Dawkins
Captain

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 10:49:15 AM »

MS will not block you from your crap.
are you sure the drive is broken ?

that drive in amazon is expensive. try getting it on ebay. look for options.

Samsung Galaxy S (Vibrant) + Black Zune 80 + MEElectronics Ai-M6 Clear + Zune Premium + AKG K26p + JVC HA-FX66 Blue -Air Cushion-
 Zune 30 (sold) - Tado Zune 80 (lost/stolen)
SkateZilla
Gadget Geek

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 02:16:14 AM »

isnt Error Code 5 Harddisk Related?

SkateZilla
Gadget Geek

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 10:16:14 PM »

well, warranty is void and Im not payin $140 to MS when i can get a new zune for $40 more (a 120 GB one too, lol, I get a discount).

anyway, so my zune is in pieces right now, prepped for whatever,

im assuming the HDD is the problem, because It was dropped, then it said music was missing, then apon reboot hung at load screen, then goes to Screen with a Number 5 on it.

the HDD is making a repeated clicking pattern, as if its trying the read the SAME sectors but cant. which is somethign I never noticed before it was dropped. so Im sure its the HDD

Mr.Valdez

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 12:33:50 PM »

read all this before you do anything! Press back and the up botton to reset it, when the zune logo comes up if it's a 80gig press back+center of pad+play. If its a 30gig (old zune) press back+left +middle. This deletes all you songs videos pic and the filmware. so you will have to transfer the all back to the zune when your done.Your zune should say please wait with a 3 on it. When your zune says this it means it's reinstalling the fillmware, i don't know how long you have to wait. Mines doing it for the whole day. I'm still waiting.
SkateZilla
Gadget Geek

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 02:37:56 AM »

read all this before you do anything! Press back and the up botton to reset it, when the zune logo comes up if it's a 80gig press back+center of pad+play. If its a 30gig (old zune) press back+left +middle. This deletes all you songs videos pic and the filmware. so you will have to transfer the all back to the zune when your done.Your zune should say please wait with a 3 on it. When your zune says this it means it's reinstalling the fillmware, i don't know how long you have to wait. Mines doing it for the whole day. I'm still waiting.

I've since resolved my issue by installing a new drive, trust me, mine was toast because it stared this immediately after being dropped onto a concrete floor

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: