Zune Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 30, 2014, 02:13:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Transfer files from zune to computer?  (Read 14124 times)
Bronnen

« on: December 14, 2008, 11:50:45 AM »

I've got a black 80 gig zune, and right now I've got almost 70 gigs worth of stuff on it. Now i've put all this music, pictures, and movies on my Zune straight from my computer, but now my computer has died, and I've lost everything, absolutely everything. The good thing is that the Zune still has all my music and videos and pictures, but is there any way I can put them back on my computer?
Machiventa
Commander

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 08:13:25 PM »

Welcome to ZuneScene and sorry to hear about your computer, that's a bummer. Thank god you still have all your media on your Zune. All you have to do is connect your Zune, open the Zune software, then go to Device -> Music, highlight everything then either drag to the pc icon or just right-click and select "copy to collection". Same directions apply for videos and pictures. You can't copy playlists to a pc unfortunately. By default it will sync music to My documents\My music. I can't remember where video and pictures will sync to but I'll post back when I get my laptop in a few.

Machiventa
Commander

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 09:45:07 PM »

Videos will sync to My docs\My videos and pics to My Music\Zune\Received pictures. Podcasts go to Zune\Podcasts.

Bronnen

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 11:17:55 AM »

Thank you so much.

I love my zune. lol.
She0821

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 06:12:01 AM »

I tried doing same but only a few files were copied in to my PC. I need your inputs please..
Machiventa
Commander

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 01:55:45 PM »

You're welcome Bronnen.

@ she0821: I've had that happen before. I'm not sure what to tell you except to keep trying. If that doesn't work I recommend trying it on another computer then transferring the content to your pc via usb drive, external HD or CD/DVD.

She0821

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2008, 12:06:53 AM »

Thank you very much Machiventa. I will keep trying.
Ricardo Dawkins
Captain

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2008, 12:52:47 AM »

Change USB ports and reset your Zune if the files didnt transfer.

Samsung Galaxy S (Vibrant) + Black Zune 80 + MEElectronics Ai-M6 Clear + Zune Premium + AKG K26p + JVC HA-FX66 Blue -Air Cushion-
 Zune 30 (sold) - Tado Zune 80 (lost/stolen)
Diablo2k

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2008, 09:25:56 PM »

I had the same problem, I went to reinstall windows and forgot to back up my photos but I still had them on my 30gig Zune.

In trying to transferring the photos I could not just drag and drop all of them at once, if the selection included a folder it wouldn't let me transfer it, so I had to go through each and every folder and transfer the pics one folder at a time. Also the folder information was not preserved. I will tomorrow try again and manually recreate the folder structure i was using and drag and drop from the zune into the folders, hopefully it will let me, one way or another I will figure it out.

Black 30gig Zune
Spek Case
FiiO E3 Amp
She0821

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2008, 01:54:22 PM »

Unfortunately, nothing is happening. I tried to reset my zune and change USB port as well. Out of my 6000++ songs, only 7 were copied in My Music folder. I'm beginning to feel desperate..
Machiventa
Commander

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2008, 04:38:46 PM »

Did you try another computer? That might be your only option at this point. If you have access to one just install the Zune software (hopefully that goes smooth) and also be sure that there's a good amount of free HD space.

cantrellg

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2008, 09:28:47 AM »

I had this happen to me long ago, and I have been able to recover everything fine. However, since Zune compresses the pics so much and degenerates the resolution to fit on its screen, does anyone know a way to get them to either transfer pics back in somewhat a higher resolution or a (useful) utility that will accomplish this goal?
CheeseLikesCereal
Master Chief

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2011, 08:21:16 PM »

I'd be interested in this, too.  Perhaps taking it to Geek Squad to get pics and docs off of it and onto hard drive?

PROUD OWNER OF A PINK ZUNE!!!!!  Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: