Zune Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 23, 2014, 11:01:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Poll
Question: Did MicroSoft's solution fix your Zune 30?
Yes - 115 (68.9%)
No - 45 (26.9%)
AngryMonkey's way worked for me. - 7 (4.2%)
Total Voters: 165

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 66   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OFFICIAL ZUNE 30 FROZE THREAD  (Read 216964 times)
_Sphynx_

« Reply #108 on: December 31, 2008, 10:58:55 AM »

LATEST UPDATE:
It appears that it is related to the hardware clock in the Zune 30.  People are reporting that by disabling the Windows Time Service on their PC, resetting the date on their PC (to something like 12/04/2008) , and stopping all Zune-related Windows services (and hard-resetting the Zune device) they are able to get it all working again.
So I may appear like a huge noob, but got any instructions as how to do this? I'm not using my zune every day (thank god for winter break) but I would like it to be fixed as soon as possible.
Dawty
Gadget Geek

SLANG TANG DATS DAT MIA THANG

« Reply #109 on: December 31, 2008, 10:59:16 AM »

LATEST UPDATE:
(and hard-resetting the Zune device)
CAUTION:  DO NOT OPEN your Zune 30 device.  I am only posting this to keep everyone informed as to what is going on.  I know that it is tough to wait without any news.

waitwait...

how do you hard reset the device? i've tried resetting it already. nothing will even happen.
TerraSin
Tech Spec

« Reply #110 on: December 31, 2008, 11:00:47 AM »

The screen is LCD so no need to worry about "burn in".  Just don't recharge it until an official fix is released.  Because when it is frozen, some are reporting that the harddrive continues to spin.  Don't want to wear out the drive.
Yah, mine seems to be spinning and it's not plugged in or anything. :\
WillysJeepMan
Global Moderator
Captain

« Reply #111 on: December 31, 2008, 11:01:08 AM »

LATEST UPDATE:
It appears that it is related to the hardware clock in the Zune 30.  People are reporting that by disabling the Windows Time Service on their PC, resetting the date on their PC (to something like 12/04/2008) , and stopping all Zune-related Windows services (and hard-resetting the Zune device) they are able to get it all working again.
So I may appear like a huge noob, but got any instructions as how to do this? I'm not using my zune every day (thank god for winter break) but I would like it to be fixed as soon as possible.
No.  I will not post the instructions and will not allow them to be posted.  It is way too early to consider doing something like that until we hear from Microsoft.  

Dawty
Gadget Geek

« Reply #112 on: December 31, 2008, 11:02:31 AM »

The screen is LCD so no need to worry about "burn in".  Just don't recharge it until an official fix is released.  Because when it is frozen, some are reporting that the harddrive continues to spin.  Don't want to wear out the drive.

me too. i never should have recharged it. if you put your ear up to the back of the device you can hear a high pitch sound.
Julio Alejandro
« Reply #113 on: December 31, 2008, 11:03:41 AM »

I'm just gonna let it sit there until something comes up. My battery is drained.
Dawty
Gadget Geek

« Reply #114 on: December 31, 2008, 11:03:54 AM »

me too. i never should have recharged it. if you put your ear up to the back of the device you can hear a high pitch sound.

edit : and it shakes realllll badd...

yay! mine just turned off.
PristineBiscuit
Tech Spec

Dyslexic Knedi Jights

« Reply #115 on: December 31, 2008, 11:04:54 AM »

Are you people that are calling tech support really that dumb? Of course you're going to be on eternal hold, of course you're not going to get a response. They don't know what the problem is. Seriously, if you people spent more time thinking and less time catastrophizing you might find something more productive to do.  
Is *your* post supposed to be 'productive'?? People are posting their frustrations because... They are FRUSTRATED! Just let them vent for God's sake!

" border="0
"I would imagine if you could understand Morse Code, a tap dancer would drive you crazy" -The Late, Great Mitch Hedberg
Terabit
Tech Spec

« Reply #116 on: December 31, 2008, 11:05:11 AM »

Really, you won't allow an inteim fix to be posted. There are plenty of people on here that mod their zunes, replace their batteries, upgrade their HDD's.  as long as the person knows that by opening their zune their warranty, which is probably non-existent anyway, will be voided what's the harm? If anyone really wants this information, you can find it elsewhere, *cough* xxxx poster yyy *cough* page zzz *cough*.   Happy Zune Year

Mod Note: Circumventing Moderator instructions is a quick way to find the exit.  Consider this a warning.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 11:11:47 AM by WillysJeepMan » Logged
Runezune
Tech Spec

« Reply #117 on: December 31, 2008, 11:05:44 AM »

Wow is this some kinda epedemic? Guess I should be glad im not the only one

Zune is awesome.
Ricardo Dawkins
Captain

« Reply #118 on: December 31, 2008, 11:06:15 AM »

Ricardo, what part of NOT POSTING did you not understand?!  Angry
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 11:09:05 AM by WillysJeepMan » Logged

Samsung Galaxy S (Vibrant) + Black Zune 80 + MEElectronics Ai-M6 Clear + Zune Premium + AKG K26p + JVC HA-FX66 Blue -Air Cushion-
 Zune 30 (sold) - Tado Zune 80 (lost/stolen)
TerraSin
Tech Spec

« Reply #119 on: December 31, 2008, 11:06:57 AM »

How long is our warranty for, anyway?

Here's to hoping they give us all 120gb Zunes Wink
beckzach05

« Reply #120 on: December 31, 2008, 11:07:45 AM »

Really, you won't allow an inteim fix to be posted. There are plenty of people on here that mod their zunes, replace their batteries, upgrade their HDD's.  as long as the person knows that by opening their zune their warranty, which is probably non-existent anyway, will be voided what's the harm? If anyone really wants this information, you can find it elsewhere, *cough* info removed: mod *cough*.   Happy Zune Year

It's not even an assured fix.  If the mods don't want it posted, it doesn't get posted.  Quit trying to act all high and mighty because you don't have a warranty *eyeroll*
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 11:12:17 AM by WillysJeepMan » Logged
WillysJeepMan
Global Moderator
Captain

« Reply #121 on: December 31, 2008, 11:08:22 AM »

Really, you won't allow an inteim fix to be posted. There are plenty of people on here that mod their zunes, replace their batteries, upgrade their HDD's.  as long as the person knows that by opening their zune their warranty, which is probably non-existent anyway, will be voided what's the harm? If anyone really wants this information, you can find it elsewhere, *cough* info removed: mod *cough*.   Happy Zune Year
You are talking to the guy who devised the unsupported DOWNGRADE process to take Zune 30's from the 2.0 firmware back to 1.4.  I know what I'm talking about when I say I will NOT allow the unofficial workaround to be posted YET.

You have no clue about these types of unofficial procedures.  I have dealt with 100's, yes 100's of people who claimed to "know what they were doing" for the downgrade who found themselves in over their head with a non-functioning Zune.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 11:13:12 AM by WillysJeepMan » Logged

Kruser
Tech Spec

« Reply #122 on: December 31, 2008, 11:09:01 AM »

the warranty is only for 1 year. I have a zune from when they first released, with all the updates and mines bricked.  

[img]http://www.zunescene.com/bars/zunecard30.jpg[./img]
paradoxxcss

« Reply #123 on: December 31, 2008, 11:10:31 AM »

FYI, i havent updated my zune to the newest firmware, and i still have the same problem.
Dave692795

« Reply #124 on: December 31, 2008, 11:11:28 AM »

edit : and it shakes realllll badd...

yay! mine just turned off.

*shakes fist*

damnit I wish mine would turn on I would love to have it for the gym later haha
jbryant8159
Tech Spec

« Reply #125 on: December 31, 2008, 11:12:07 AM »

LATEST UPDATE:

CAUTION:  DO NOT OPEN your Zune 30 device.  I am only posting this to keep everyone informed as to what is going on.  I know that it is tough to wait without any news.

My bet is it has to do with the fact that this year (2008) was a leap year.  366 days instead of 365.  It might explain why they died on the last day of 08 rather than the first day of 09.  Just my .02.

Good luck to all 30 owners out there.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 66   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: